Happy Star Review Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES AND WASHINGTON, D.C., EXCLUDING RHODE ISLAND AND RESIDENTS OF STATES WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW. VOID IN RHODE ISLAND AND WHERE RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED. MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AT TIME OF ENTRY.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Happy Star Review Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will begin at 12:00 AM (CT) on January 1, 2017 and will end at 11:59 PM (CT) on March 31, 2017 (the “Entry Period”).
To enter the Sweepstakes, visit us at HappyStarReviews.com by one of the following methods: (i) use a web browser; or (ii) text “@TELLHAPPY” to 35134 and follow the instructions in the automatic reply (your carrier may charge for your text message and our reply). At HappyStarReviews.com, answer the questions about your experience at Carl’s Jr.® or Hardee’s®, provide your full name; complete address [no P.O. Boxes]; birth date; daytime phone number, including area code; e-mail address; and the order/transaction number from your receipt; and follow the instructions to submit your entry as directed at HappyStarReviews.com. Answers to the questions about your experience at Carl’s Jr.® or Hardee’s® will not affect your ability to win.
You may also enter, without completing the survey, by sending an e-mail to HappyStarReviews@ckr.com with a subject line stating “Happy Star Review Sweepstakes Entry”. The body of the email must include your full name; complete address [no P.O. Boxes]; birth date; daytime phone number, including area code; and e-mail address. All e-mail entries must be received by no later than 11:59 PM (CT) on March 31, 2017.
Limit one (1) entry per person per day regardless of method of entry. Duplicate, automated and mechanically reproduced multiple entries are void and will be disregarded. All entries must be completed in their entirety. All entries become the property of the Sponsors and will not be returned. Sponsors are not responsible for illegible, incomplete, altered, mutilated, or lost entries, for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the contest, or for failure to receive entries due to technical failures of any kind, and such entries will be void. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
3. DECISION OF THE SPONSORS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel the Sweepstakes at any time for any reason without notice. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prize based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and Washington, D.C., excluding Rhode Island and residents of states where restricted or prohibited by law. Must be at least 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Sponsors and their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, distributors, franchisees, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and members of their immediate families or persons residing in the same household, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Winners of a prize from Sponsors within the past thirty (30) days from the beginning date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible. Void in Rhode Island and where restricted or prohibited and subject to all applicable Federal, State, Municipal and local laws.
5. DRAWING METHODOLOGY: One winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Entry Period on or about the 15th day of the month following the Entry Period. Sponsors will notify the winner by telephone or by other means using the contact information provided at the time of entry.
6. PRIZE: One prize winner each period will receive a $500.00 Carl’s Jr.®/ Hardee’s® Gift Card (the “Prize” or “Prize Card”).
Approximate retail value of Prize: $500.00.
Unless otherwise authorized by Sponsors, the Prize Card may be used only at participating Carl’s Jr.® and Hardee’s® restaurants. Other restrictions apply; see Prize Card for details.
7. ODDS: Odds of winning may depend on the number of eligible participants who enter the Sweepstakes.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND ACCEPTANCE: Entrants need not be present at the drawing for the Prize Card. Sponsors will notify the winner by telephone or by other means using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Potential winners may waive their right to receive a prize. The Prize will be awarded, but an unclaimed prize may be forfeited. The Prize is nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed, except the Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Before the Prize will be awarded, winner will be required to sign, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release (where legal), a Publicity Release (where legal) and any other documentation that Sponsor requires (collectively “Affidavit/Release”) within fourteen (14) days from the date notification was sent by Sponsors or such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant's consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
The Sponsors reserve the right at any time to cancel the Sweepstakes, make rules and Sweepstakes changes and/or substitute another prize of equal or greater value for any reason including if the Prize becomes unavailable.
The Prize Card must be claimed in person by the winner unless otherwise specified. Proper identification is required to claim the prize (valid driver’s license, passport, state ID or military ID). In very unique situations, a designated representative will be allowed to accept the Prize Card on behalf of the prize winner. Written authorization from the winner is required. Such written authorization must include the representative’s name, social security number and a photocopy of the representative’s driver’s license or other proper ID. Sponsors will qualify what constitutes a unique situation.
9. SWEEPSTAKES RULES : Official Rules are available for viewing at HappyStarReviews.com or by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to: Official Rules, Happy Star Review Sweepstakes, 1325 North Anaheim Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92801-1202 prior to the conclusion of the Entry Period.
10. WINNER’S LIST : For a list of prize winners (available after March 31, 2017 and until September 30, 2017), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Winner’s List, Happy Star Review Sweepstakes, 1325 North Anaheim Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92801-1202. Sponsors have 60 days to process your request after receipt.
11. GENERAL RELEASE: Entrants agree that the Sponsors (A) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes related activity, or from entrant's acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) has not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
Submission of an entry grants Sponsors the right (where legal) to use, publish, adapt, assign, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such entry in any way, in commerce and in any and all media worldwide, without limitation or compensation to the entrant. Submission of an entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsors any and all rights, title and interest in and to the entry. Such rights, title and interest shall include, but are not limited to, all intellectual property and licensing rights. By entering, entrants agree to and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and agree to release Sponsors, their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, franchisees, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors or assigns (collectively “Releasees”), from any claims, losses, actions, or damages, whether actual, incidental or consequential, arising out of or relating to entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities. Releasees are not responsible for: (i) entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by the Sponsors or their agents for any reason, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone, cable or satellite transmissions, cellular equipment towers, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer, wireless phone/handset and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsors’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes or (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. Sponsors are further not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of the entries.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, Sweepstakes entrant agrees that, by entering the Sweepstakes, (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney's fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
12. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsors, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Missouri or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Missouri. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
13. SPONSORS : The Happy Star Review Sweepstakes is sponsored by Carl’s Jr. Restaurants LLC and Hardee’s Restaurants LLC, 1325 North Anaheim Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92801-1202, whose decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsors will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Happy Star Review Sweepstakes, 1325 North Anaheim Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92801-1202.