CALIFORNIA APPLICANT PRIVACY NOTICE
CKE Restaurants Holdings, Inc. and its affiliates, including Carl’s Jr. Restaurants LLC (collectively, the “Company,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) provides this California Applicant Privacy Notice (“Notice”) to explain our practices regarding the collection of Personal Information through our job application process, including our careers websites. This Notice explains what Personal Information we collect about California applicants, why we collect it, how we use and share it, and the rights you have relating to your Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act, as modified by the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020 (the “CCPA”).
As used in this Notice, the term “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you. Personal Information does not include information that is publicly available, de-identified, or aggregated.
- How and Why We Collect Your Personal Information
Within the past 12 months, we collected Personal Information about job applicants as follows:
Category of Personal Information
Categories of Sources from which Collected
Purposes for Collection / Use
Identifiers including real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, IP address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
Personal Information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e), including your name, signature, social security number, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, education, employment, and employment history
Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including age and date of birth, race, ancestry, ethnic origin, sex, gender, gender identity, military or veteran status, medical condition, disability, marital status
Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interactions with our websites, applications, or advertisements
Geolocation data, including location data inferred from your device IP address
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information, including closed-circuit images, photographs and video of you, and audio/video recordings as may relate to your application
Professional or employment-related information, including:
Skills, qualifications, work experience, references, recommendations, and other information included in a resume, CV, application form, or cover letter;
Information contained in any personal webpages or documents you choose to share with us;
Information relating to professional licenses, training, disciplinary actions, and membership in professional organizations;
Information relating to membership in civic organizations
Inferences used to create a profile reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
We may collect the following information about you, which does not directly fall within the categories listed in the CCPA:
- Citizenship, immigration, visa status, and work authorization information (including information from related documents, such as your passport, driver’s license, or other identification, proof of residence, and proof of authorization to work in the United States, and documents you provide with your US Citizenship and Immigration Services Form I-9)
- Languages spoken
- Criminal records information including results of background checks obtained through government agencies such as the US Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Drug screening information
Unless otherwise specified, the sources of this Personal Information, the purposes for which we use it, and the categories of persons to which we disclose it are the same as those listed for Professional or Employment-Related Information.
- Our Collection of Sensitive Personal Information
Within the past 12 months, we collected the following categories of Sensitive Personal Information about our applicants:
Category of Sensitive Personal Information
Categories of Sources from which Collected
Purposes for Collection / Use
Social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number
Account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account
Personal Information that reveals a consumer’s racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership
Personal Information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s health (i.e., drug-screening information)
We do not use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes to which the right to limit use and disclosure applies under the CCPA.
- How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We keep the categories of Personal Information described above for as long as is necessary for the purposes described in this Notice or otherwise authorized by law. This generally means holding the information for as long as one of the following apply:
- Your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to manage our operations, to manage your relationship with us, or to satisfy another purpose for which
- Your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to carry out a disclosed purpose that is reasonably compatible with the context in which the Personal Information was collected;
- The Personal Information is reasonably necessary to protect or defend our rights or property (which will generally relate to applicable laws that limit actions in a particular case); or
- We are otherwise required or permitted to keep your Personal Information by applicable laws or regulations.
Where Personal Information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires. For more information about our retention policies, please contact us using the contact details below.
- Disclosures of California Applicant Personal Information
Although we do not sell Applicant personal information in exchange for money, some of the ways in which we share personal information for advertising, analytics, or other purposes may be considered “sales” or “sharing” under the CCPA. The categories of personal information we disclose in ways that may be considered “sales” or “sharing” include: Identifiers, Personal Records, Commercial Information, Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, Geolocation Data, and Inferences. We share these categories of personal information with our digital advertising providers to deliver ads that may be of interest to you, to provide certain types of analytics, and in relation to other services supported by third-party cookies on our website. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell or share the personal information of California residents under 16 years of age.
The chart below above the categories of Personal Information we have disclosed to our service providers and contractors for a business or commercial purpose during the last 12 months.
- Submitting Requests Relating to Your Personal Information
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to submit certain requests relating to your Personal Information as described below. To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our webform available at https://privacy.ckr.com/ or call us at 1-800-227-5757. Please note that, if you submit a request to know, request to delete or request to correct, you will be asked to log into your account or to provide 2-3 pieces of Personal Information that we will match against our records to verify your identity. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf; however, you will still need to verify your identity directly with us before your request can be processed. An authorized agent may submit a request on your behalf using the webform or toll-free number listed above.
Right to Know. You have the right to know what Personal Information we have collected about you, which includes:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, including
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected
- Our business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing / or disclosing Personal Information
- The categories of recipients to which we disclose Personal Information
- The categories of Personal Information that we sold, and for each category identified, the categories of third parties to which we sold that particular category of Personal Information
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose, and for each category identified, the categories of recipients to which we disclosed that particular category of Personal Information
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you
Right to Delete Your Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information we collected from you, subject to certain exceptions.
Right to Correct Inaccurate Information. If you believe that Personal Information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you have the right to request that we correct that information.
The Right to Opt-out of the Sale and Sharing of Personal Information. CCPA provides you with the right to opt-out of the “sale” of your Personal Information, and to request that we do not share your Personal Information for cross-context behavioral advertising. To opt-out, please visit https://privacy.ckr.com.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of Your Privacy Rights. If you choose to exercise any of your privacy rights under the CCPA, you also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us, including retaliation against you as an employee, job applicant, or independent contractor.
- How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about how we handle your Personal Information or if you need to access this notice in an alternative format or language, please contact our Human Resources Department at:
Email: [email protected]
Last Updated: January 1, 2023